Been working on my first essay, due the day after tomorrow, for 4 hours now! So sleepy, and I get a brain freeze the moment I look at it again to try to continue. I guess I have to wait to get a fresh mind tomorrow.
In the meantime I'm waiting for Xcode to get updated so I can start on the computer homework, also I have math to do. MAth I think I will work on while watching TV.
Got to discuss some english with Henko too. Felt good to have something more than bou and Bou to talk about :P I promise, for me, he is the best wall to bounce off ideas on! He don't even have to say anything. :D
So, last Thursday we had our first base assessment test in strength.
I paired up with a really nice girl named Rosangela, who were supposed to be my partner for the test.
We were to do pushups, as many as we felt we could do (no timeframe), and as many situps as we could do with within one minute. The partner kept the count, and held your feet for you.
My results were worse than I know I would have been able to do a year and a half ago, but better than I expected after the summer break.
So, we were told to write down what we did during class, mostly for our own sake so we can do the routines on our own.
- Run 2 laps around the gym/track in both directions (total of 4 laps)
- 1 lap jumping jacks, moving around, in both directions (total of 2 laps)
- Start pushup position, walk using ONLY ankles to get closer to your hands, but never bend your knees. Always straight legs. When you're as close to your hands as you can go without too much pain, walk out with your hands. Do not move hands and feet at same time. Either you walk with feet, or you walk with your hands, but never at same time.
- Stand face against the wall, swing leg left to right as high as you can; 25reps on each leg
- Stand 90 degrees to the wall, support with one arm against it, and swing inner leg front to back as high as you can; 25reps on each leg
I'm back in Sweden, and today I finally woke up a decent time after I fell asleep. Jetlag is not fun, it takes days - weeks sometimes for me. I should be used by now, but NO.
Up to now I haven't missed much though. Rain, Hail and more rain. Today is decent weather though. Tomorrow is going to be even better, which I hope since we're having our Crayfish party then ;)
After the weekend I hope to be able to catch up with the homepage. Fix the frontpage to the dolphin part, and some more recipes.
Something I've missed in US, are the sunsets. The way we live in US, we have sunrise which I rarely see, but here we have sunsets. I love sunsets, I used to go out photographing them every evening when I was younger. So you will get to see a lot of pics on my facebook. ;)